Place:


Eydon  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eydon like this:

EYDON, a parish in Brackley district, Northampton; 5½ miles ENE of Cropredy r. station, and 9 SSW of Daventry. It has a post office under Banbury. Acres, 1, 620. Real property, £3, 759. Pop., 576. Houses, 130. The property is divided among a few. Eydon Lodge is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £420.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good, and has a Norman font. A Wesleyan chapel was founded in 1860; and there are chapels for Quakers and Moravians.

Eydon through time

Eydon is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eydon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eydon in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7920

Date accessed: 01st July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eydon ".