Place:


Bramshall  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramshall like this:

BRAMSHALL, a parish in Uttoxeter district, Stafford; on the North Stafford railway, 2 miles W of Uttoxeter. It has a station on the railway, and includes the hamlet of Dugdale; and its Post Town is Uttoxeter, under Derby. Acres, 1,276. Real property, £1,855. Pop., 199. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200.* Patron, the Dowager Lady Willoughby de Broke. The church is good; and threw are church lands yielding £16 a year.

Bramshall through time

Bramshall is now part of East Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bramshall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramshall in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7903

Date accessed: 27th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bramshall ".