Place:


Duddington  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Duddington like this:

DUDDINGTON, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; on the river Welland, at the boundary with Rutland, 3 miles SE of Luffenham r. station, and 5½ SW of Stamford. It has a post office under Stamford. Acres, 1, 400. Real property, £2, 661. Pop., 422. Houses, 94. ...


The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £115.* Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is ancient but good, with a tower; and there is an Independent chapel. A school has £10 from endowment; and other charities £8.

Duddington through time

Duddington is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Duddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Duddington in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7899

Date accessed: 09th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Duddington ".