Place:


Bradley in the Moors  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradley in the Moors like this:

BRADLEY-IN-THE-MOORS, a parish in Cheadle district, Stafford; near the Uttoxeter canal, 1½ mile WSW of Alton r. station, and 4 ESE of Cheadle. Post Town, Alton, under Stafford. Acres, 650.-Real property, £1,014. Pop., 43. Houses, 11. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £58. Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury. The church is good.

Bradley in the Moors through time

Bradley in the Moors is now part of Staffordshire Moorlands district. Click here for graphs and data of how Staffordshire Moorlands has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradley in the Moors itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradley in the Moors in Staffordshire Moorlands | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7898

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradley in the Moors ".