Place:


Bradley  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradley like this:

BRADLEY, a parish in the district and county of Stafford; 2 miles SSE of Haughton r. station, and 5 SW of Stafford. It includes the liberties of Billington and Woollaston; and its Post Town is Church-Eaton, under Stafford. Acres, 3,376. Real property, £8,752. Pop., 597. Houses, 125. The property is much subdivided. The living. is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £75. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is very good. A free school h as £132; and other charities £10.

Bradley through time

Bradley is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradley, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7895

Date accessed: 14th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradley ".