Place:


Bobbington  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bobbington like this:

BOBBINGTON, a parish in the district of Wolverhampton, and counties of Stafford and Salop; 3½ miles W of the river Stour and the Stafford and Birmingham canal, 4½ miles E by N of Hampton-Loade r. station, and 8 WNW of Stourbridge. It includes the hamlet of Halfpenny-Green; and its Post Town is Enville, under Stourbridge. ...


Acres, 2,676. Real property, £4,130. Pop., 431. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £97. Patron, W. Whitmore, Esq. The church is good. An endowed school has £42, and other charities £31.

Bobbington through time

Bobbington is now part of South Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bobbington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bobbington in South Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7893

Date accessed: 12th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bobbington ".