Place:


Anslow  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Anslow like this:

ANSLOW, or Annesley, a township-chapelry in Rolleston parish, Stafford; near the Grand Trunk canal, 3½ miles NW of Burton-on-Trent. Post Town, Burton on Trent. Real property, £2,929. Pop., 348. Houses, 74. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, not reported. Patron, Sir O. Mosley, Bart. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Anslow through time

Anslow is now part of East Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Anslow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Anslow in East Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7862

Date accessed: 20th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Anslow".