Place:


Uggeshall  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Uggeshall like this:

UGGESHALL, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk, 4¼ miles ENE of Halesworth r. station. It has a post-office under Wangford-Acres, 1,473. Real property, £2,579. Pop., 272. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to the Earl of Stradbroke. There are sand and clay pits. The living is a rectory, united with Sotherton, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £614. Patron, the Earl of Stradbroke. The church is ancient. There are a national school, and charities £10.

Uggeshall through time

Uggeshall is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Uggeshall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Uggeshall, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7838

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Uggeshall ".