Place:


Thwaite  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thwaite like this:

THWAITE, a parish in Hartismere district, Suffolk; 3¼ miles E by S of Finningham r. station, and 4½ SSW of Eye. It has a post-office under Stonham, and cattle fairs on 30 June and 26 Nov. Acres, 832. Real property, £1,358. Pop., 147. Houses, 32. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £270.* Patron, J. G. Sheppard, Esq. The church is good.

Thwaite through time

Thwaite is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thwaite itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thwaite in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7827

Date accessed: 25th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thwaite ".