Place:


Walkeringham  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walkeringham like this:

WALKERINGHAM, a parish, with a village, in the district of Gainsborough and county of Nottingham; on the Gainsborough and Doncaster railway, 4 miles NW of Gainsborough. It has a post-office under Gainsborough, and a r. station. Acres, 3,000. Real property, £5,363. Pop., 683. Houses, 151. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £204.* Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church's chancel was recently restored. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £15 a year, and charities £30.

Walkeringham through time

Walkeringham is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walkeringham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walkeringham, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7805

Date accessed: 29th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walkeringham ".