Place:


Trowell  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trowell like this:

TROWELL, a parish, with a village, in Basford district, Notts; 1 mile N of Stanton-Gate r. station, and 5½ W of Nottingham. It has a post-office under Nottingham. Acres, 1,570. Real property, £2,425. Pop., 343. Houses, 63. The manor belongs to Lord Middleton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £440.* Patron, Lord Middleton. The church was repaired in 1835. There is a national school.

Trowell through time

Trowell is now part of Broxtowe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broxtowe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trowell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trowell, in Broxtowe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7801

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trowell ".