Place:


Treswell  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Treswell like this:

TRESWELL, a parish in East Retford district, Notts; 1¾ mile S of Leverton r. station, and 6 ESE of East Retford. Post town, Retford. Acres, 1,561. Real property, £2,936. Pop., 270. Houses, 58. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £350. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. The church was repaired in 1855. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Treswell through time

Treswell is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Treswell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Treswell, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7799

Date accessed: 29th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Treswell ".