Place:


Thornham Magna  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornham Magna like this:

THORNHAM-MAGNA, and T.-Parva, two parishes in Hartismere district, Suffolk; 2¼ and 1¼ miles SSE of Mellis r. station. They have a post-office, of the name of T.-Magna, under Eye. Acres, 1,324 and 676. Real property, £2,741 and £1,012. Pop., 282 and 124. Houses, 58 and 28. The manors, with T. Hall, belong to Lord Henniker. The livings are conjoint rectories in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £580.* Patron, Lord Henniker. The churches are ancient, and that of T.-M. was restored in 1851.

Thornham Magna through time

Thornham Magna is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thornham Magna itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornham Magna in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7797

Date accessed: 25th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thornham Magna ".