Place:


Tithby  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tithby like this:

TYTHBY, a parish, with two townships, in Bingham district, Notts; 2¼ miles S by W of Bingham r. station. Post town, Bingham, under Nottingham. Acres, 3,610. Real property, £6,938. Pop., 718. Houses, 167. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £102. Patron, J.Musters, Esq. The church was repaired in 1824.

Tithby through time

Tithby is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tithby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tithby, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7794

Date accessed: 04th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tithby ".