Place:


Thorndon  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thorndon like this:

THORNDON, a parish, with a village, in Hartismere district, Suffolk; 3 miles S of Eye r. station. It has a post-office under Eye. Acres, 2,680. Real property, £4,832. Pop., 674. Houses, 139. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £705.* Patron, the Rev. W. H. Glover. The church is ancient but good, and has been restored. There are a reformatory, a national school, and town lands £147.

Thorndon through time

Thorndon is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thorndon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thorndon in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7793

Date accessed: 25th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thorndon ".