Place:


Thrumpton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thrumpton like this:

THRUMPTON, a parish in Basford district, Notts: on the river Trent, 2 miles SSE of Long Eaton r. station, and 7 SW of Nottingham. Post town, Kegworth, under Derby. Acres, 1,080. Real property, £1,709. Pop., 144. Houses, 35. T. Hall is the seat of the Hon. G. A. Byron. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £77. Patron, the Hon. G. A. Byron. The church is old.

Thrumpton through time

Thrumpton is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thrumpton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thrumpton, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7791

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thrumpton ".