Place:


Thoroton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thoroton like this:

THOROTON, a parish in Bingham district, Notts; 2 miles N of Elton r. station, and 4½ NE by E of Bingham. Post town, Nottingham. Acres, 730. Real property, £1,168. Pop., 210. Houses, 43. T. Hall is the residence of G. Storer. The living is a vicarage annexed to Orston. The church is good.

Thoroton through time

Thoroton is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thoroton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thoroton, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7787

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thoroton ".