Place:


Stokeham  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stokeham like this:

STOKEHAM, a parish in East Retford district, Notts; 4 miles NE of Tuxford r. station. Post town, Retford. Acres, 564. Real property, £978. Pop., 53. Houses, 10. The manor belongs to Earl Manvers. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to East Drayton. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Stokeham through time

Stokeham is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stokeham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stokeham, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7770

Date accessed: 29th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stokeham ".