Place:


Stoke Bardolph  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Bardolph like this:

STOKE-BARDOLPH, a township in Gedling parish, Notts; on the river Trent, adjacent to Carlton r. station, 5 miles ENE of Nottingham. It has a post-office under Nottingham, a ferry, and a chapel of ease; and it formerly had a castle of Lords Bardolph. Real property, £2,127. Pop., 174. Houses, 38.

Stoke Bardolph through time

Stoke Bardolph is now part of Gedling district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gedling has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoke Bardolph itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Bardolph, in Gedling and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7769

Date accessed: 04th August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoke Bardolph ".