Place:


Stanton on the Wolds  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton on the Wolds like this:

STANTON-ON-THE-WOLDS, a parish in Bingham district, Notts; 7 miles SSE of Nottingham r. station. Post town, Nottingham. Acres, 1,220. Real property, £1,485. Pop., 158. Houses, 29. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £100.* Patron, Sir H. Bromley, Bart. Charities, £10.

Stanton on the Wolds through time

Stanton on the Wolds is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanton on the Wolds itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton on the Wolds, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7762

Date accessed: 12th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanton on the Wolds ".