Place:


Rempstone  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rempstone like this:

REMPSTONE, a village and a parish in the district of Loughborough and county of Nottingham. The village stands near the boundary with Leicestershire, 3½ miles N E of Loughborough r. station; and has a post-office under Loughborough. The parish comprises 1, 660 acres. Real property, £3, 193. Pop., 377. Houses, 85. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £478.* Patron, Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge. The church is good, and has a tower; and there was formerly another church.

Rempstone through time

Rempstone is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rempstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rempstone, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7740

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rempstone ".