Place:


Ragnall  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ragnall like this:

RAGNALL, a village and a parish in East Retford district, Notts. The village stands ¾ of a mile W of the river Trent, and 4 E N E of Tuxford r. station; and has a post-office under Newark. The parish contains also the hamlet of Whimpton-Moor, and comprises 1,000 acres. Real property, £2, 315. Pop., 204. Houses, 44. The manor belongs to J. Angerstein, Esq. R. Hall is the seat of D. W. Cartwright, Esq. The living is a p.curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Dunham, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church was restored in 1865.

Ragnall through time

Ragnall is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ragnall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ragnall, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7734

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ragnall ".