Place:


Plumtree  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Plumtree like this:

PLUMTREE, a township and a parish in Bingham district, Notts. The township lies 2¾ miles W of the Fosse way, and 5 S S E of Nottingham r. station; and has a post-office under Nottingham. Real property, £2, 979. Pop., 285. Houses, 52. The parish contains also the townships of Normanton-on-the-Wolds and Clipston. ...


Acres, 3, 460. Real property, £5, 469. Pop., 551. Houses, 110. The P. manor belongs to W. S. Burnside, Esq.; and Clipston manor, to Earl Manvers. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £1, 113.* Patron, W. S. Burnside, Esq. The church is partly Norman, and all good; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Plumtree through time

Plumtree is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Plumtree itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Plumtree, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7729

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Plumtree ".