Place:


Stoven  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoven like this:

STOVEN, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; 2½ miles ESE of Brampton r. station, and 5 NE of Halesworth. Post town, Wangford. Acres, 797. Real property, £1,166. Pop., 161. Houses, 39. The manor belongs to the Earl of Stradbroke. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £120.* Patron, the Rev. G. O. Leman. The church is Norman and good. Charities, £9.

Stoven through time

Stoven is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoven itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoven, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7712

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoven ".