Place:


Stoke Ash  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Ash like this:

STOKE-ASH, a parish, with a village, in Hartismere district, Suffolk; 3 miles ENE of Finningham r. station, and 3 SW of Eye. Post town, Stonham. Acres, 1,200. Real property, £2,350. Pop., 371. Houses, 68. S. manor, with S. Hall, belongs to Lord Henniker; and Woodhall manor belongs to the Rev. G. T. Turner. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £363.* Patron, the Rev. H. E. Bull. The church is Norman. There are a Baptist chapel and a parochial school.

Stoke Ash through time

Stoke Ash is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoke Ash itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Ash in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7706

Date accessed: 25th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoke Ash ".