Place:


Cranford  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cranford like this:

CRANFORD-ST. ANDREW and CRANFORD-ST. JOHN, two parishes in Kettering district, Northampton; on the Kettering and Huntingdon railway, 4 miles-ESE of Kettering. They have a post office, of the name of Cranford, under Kettering, and a r. station. Acres, 2, 420. Real property, £3 472. Pop., 553. Houses, 113. The property is not much divided. Cranford Hall is the seat of Sir G. Robinson, Bart. The livings are rectories, united to each other, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £348.* Patron, Sir G. Robinson, Bart. The churches are good. Charities, £6.

Cranford through time

Cranford is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cranford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cranford, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7683

Date accessed: 25th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cranford ".