Place:


Shelley  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shelley like this:

SHELLEY, a parish, with a village, in Samford district, Suffolk; 2¾ miles S of Hadleigh r. station. Post town, Hadleigh, under Ipswich. Acres, 928. Real property, £1,248. Pop., 142. Houses, 28. The manor belongs to Mrs. Cripps. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £72. Patron, Mrs. Cripps. The church is ancient.

Shelley through time

Shelley is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shelley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shelley, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7671

Date accessed: 12th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shelley ".