Place:


Collingtree  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Collingtree like this:

COLLINGTREE, a parish in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire; on an affluent of the river Nen, near the Northampton canal, 1¾ mile NE of Blisworth r. station, and 3½ S of Northampton. Post town, Wootton, under Northampton. Acres, 1, 190. Real property, £1, 774. Pop., 237. Houses, 51. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £331.* Patron, the Rev. B. Hill. The church is in the Saxon style, and has a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Wood, the writer in Rees' Cyclopedia, was a native.

Collingtree through time

Collingtree is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Collingtree itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Collingtree in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7667

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Collingtree ".