Place:


Wistow  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wistow like this:

WISTOW, a parish, with a village, in St. Ives district, Hunts; 3 miles S by W of Ramsey r. station. It has a post-office under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,070. Real property, £3,922. Pop., 532. Houses, 108. The manor belongs to Capt. H. Foley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £354.* Patron, the Rev. T. Woodruff. The church is later English. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £6.

Wistow through time

Wistow is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wistow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wistow in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7658

Date accessed: 26th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wistow ".