Place:


Chelveston  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chelveston like this:

CHELVESTON-CUM-CALDECOT, a parish in Thrapston district, Northampton near the river Nen and the Peterborough railway, 2¼ miles E of Higham-Ferrers r. station, and 6½ S of Thrapston. Post town, Higham-Ferrers. Acres, 1, 730. Real property, £2, 539. Pop., 454. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Higham-Ferrers, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is good. A school has £24 from endowment, and alms-houses £19.

Chelveston through time

Chelveston is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chelveston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chelveston in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7652

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chelveston ".