Place:


Ringsfield  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ringsfield like this:

RINGSFIELD, a village and a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk. The village stands 2¼ miles S S W of Beccles r. station. The parish contains also the hamlet of Redisham Parva, which anciently was a separate parish. Post-town, Beccles. Acres, 1, 666. Real property, £2, 656. Pop., 324. Houses, 66. The property is sub-divided. Little Redisham Hall is the seat of J. L. Garden, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Little Redisham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £550* Patron, J. L. Garden, Esq. The church is ancient. There is an Independent chapel.

Ringsfield through time

Ringsfield is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ringsfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ringsfield, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7629

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ringsfield ".