Place:


Peasenhall  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peasenhall like this:

PEASENHALL, a village and a parish in Blything district, Suffolk. The village stands on the river Minsmere, 3¾ miles W of Darsham r. station, and 4¼ N N W of Saxmundham; and has a post-office under Saxmundham. The parish comprises 1, 995 acres. Real property, £4, 194. Pop., 875. ...


Houses, 191. The property is much subdivided. There is an extensive agricultural-implement manufactory. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Sibton, in the diocese of Norwich The church was rebuilt in 1861, and is in the later English style. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, and charities £54.

Peasenhall through time

Peasenhall is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peasenhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peasenhall in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7596

Date accessed: 07th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peasenhall ".