Place:


South Muskham  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Muskham like this:

MUSKHAM (South), a village and a parish in Southwell district, Notts. The village stands adjacent to the Great Northern railway, and near the river Trent, 2½ miles N by w of Newark; and has a post-office under Newark. The parish contains also the hamlet of Little Carlton. Acres, 2, 631. Real property, £4, 107. Pop., 277. Houses, 54. Most of the property belongs to Lord Middleton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln Value, £140. Patron, the Bishop of Ripon. The church is ancient but good; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower.

South Muskham through time

South Muskham is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Muskham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Muskham, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7577

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Muskham ".