Place:


Lound  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lound like this:

LOUND, a township, with a village, in Sutton-cum-Lound parish, Notts; adjacent to the river Idle, 3½ miles N by W of East Retford. It has a post office under Retford. Real property, £3,437. Pop., 458. Houses, 109. The property is divided chiefly among three. A chapel of ease was built in 1859; and is a plain edifice.

Lound through time

Lound is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lound itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lound, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7542

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lound ".