Place:


Middleton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Middleton like this:

MIDDLETON, a village and a parish in Blything district, Suffolk. The village stands on the river Badingham, 2 miles SE of Darsham r. station, and 4 NE of Saxmundham; and has a post office und r Saxmundham. The parish contains also the hamlet of Fordley. Acres, 1,420. Real property, £3,941. ...


Pop., 589. Houses, 131. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Fordley, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £162. * Patron, the Rev. E. Hollond. The church is an old building, with a thatched roof; was recently restored; and has a tower and spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a church school.

Middleton through time

Middleton is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Middleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Middleton in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7529

Date accessed: 08th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Middleton ".