Place:


North Leverton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Leverton like this:

LEVERTON (NORTH), a parish, with a village, in East Retford district, Notts; on the Retford and Lincoln railway, at Leverton r. station, 2½ miles W of the river Trent, and 5½ E of East Retford. Post town, South leverton, under Retford. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £2,593. Pop., 329. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to G. S. Foljambe, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of Manchester. The church is old but good, and has a tower. Charities £5.

North Leverton through time

North Leverton is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Leverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Leverton, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7520

Date accessed: 29th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Leverton ".