Place:


Laneham  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Laneham like this:

LANEHAM, a parish, with a village, in East Retford district, Notts; on the river Trent, at the boundary with Lincoln, 2¾ miles SSW of Cottam r. station, and 5¾ NE of Tuxford. Post-town, Dunham-on-Trent, under Newark. Acres, 1,605. Real property, £ 4,168. Pop., 376. Houses, 86. The manor is held, under the Archbishop of York, by R. Glossop, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £120. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. The church is old but good, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel and charities £13.

Laneham through time

Laneham is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Laneham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Laneham, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7510

Date accessed: 12th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Laneham ".