Place:


Adstone  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Adstone like this:

ADSTONE, a chapelry in Ashby-Canons parish, Northampton; 5¾ miles SSW of Weedon r. station, and 6¾ WNW of Towcester. Post Town, Blakesley, under Towcester. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £2,281. Pop., 165. Houses, 36. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £130. Patrons, the Sons of Clergy Corporation. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Adstone through time

Adstone is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Adstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Adstone in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7480

Date accessed: 01st July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Adstone ".