Place:


Wyton  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wyton like this:

WITTON, a parish in St. Ives district, Hunts; 2½ miles W by N of St. Ives r. station. Post town, Huntingdon. Acres, 1,690. Real property, £2,282. Pop., 311. Houses, 60. The manor belongs to the Duke of Manchester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £610.* Patron, the Duke of Manchester. The church was restored in 1865. Charles Fox was married in the church; and Horne Tooke resided some years in the parsonage.

Wyton through time

Wyton is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wyton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wyton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7465

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wyton".