Place:


Wood Walton  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wood Walton like this:

WOODWALTON, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; on the Great Northern railway, 4¾ miles S by E of Holme r. station, and 6 N by W of Huntingdon. Post town, Sawtry, under Peterborough. Acres, 3,718. Real property, £3,485. Pop., 388. Houses, 77. The manor belongs to R. H. Hussey, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £534.* Patron, R. H. Hussey, Esq. The church was repaired in 1859.

Wood Walton through time

Wood Walton is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wood Walton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wood Walton in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7429

Date accessed: 26th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wood Walton ".