Place:


Gunthorpe  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gunthorpe like this:

GUNTHORPE, a township in Lowdham parish, Notts; at a ferry on the river Trent, 2 miles SE of Lowdham r. station, and 9 ENE of Nottingham. Real property, £2, 385. Pop., 331. Houses, 76. The manor belongs to F. Wright, Esq. There are a chapel of ease, erected in 1850, and a Wesleyan chapel.

Gunthorpe through time

Gunthorpe is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gunthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gunthorpe, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7428

Date accessed: 04th August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gunthorpe ".