Place:


Upwood  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upwood like this:

UPWOOD, a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; 2½ miles SW of Ramsey r. station. Post town, Old Hurst, under Huntingdon. Acres, 1,809. Real property, £3,312. Pop., 388. Houses, 90. The manor belongs to R. H. Hussey, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, united with Great Raveley, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £78. Patron, R. H. Hussey, Esq. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels, and charities £12.

Upwood through time

Upwood is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upwood in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7423

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upwood ".