Place:


Stanground  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanground like this:

STANDGROUND, a parish, with a village, in the district of Peterborough and counties of Huntingdon and Cambridge; on the river Nen, 1¼ mile SE of Peterborough r. station. It includes Farcett chapelry; has a post-office under Peterborough; and comprises 4,377 acres in Hunts, and 1,321 in Cambridge. ...


Real property, £15,298. Pop., 1,839. Houses, 387. The property is subdivided. The Manor House and Gazley Hall are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £1,220.* Patron, Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The church is good, and has a lofty spire. There are a Baptist chapel, an endowed school with £22 a year, and charities £12.

Stanground through time

Stanground is now part of Peterborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Peterborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanground itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanground, in Peterborough and Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7396

Date accessed: 13th June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanground ".