Place:


Everton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Everton like this:

EVERTON, a township and a parish in East Retford district, Notts. The township lies near the Chesterfield canal and the river Idle, 2 miles E of Scrooby r. station, and 3 SE of Bawtry; and it includes part of Drakeholes hamlet, and has a post office under Bawtry. Pop., 605. Houses, 149. The parish includes also the township of Scaftworth, and the hamlet of Harwell. ...


Acres, 4, 679. Real property, £8, 360. Pop., 849. Houses, 208. The property is much subdivided. Roman relics have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £209.* Patron, the Rev. W. Metcalfe. The church is tolerable; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £8.

Everton through time

Everton is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Everton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Everton, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7383

Date accessed: 21st September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Everton ".