Place:


Edingley  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edingley like this:

EDINGLEY, a parish in Southwell district, Notts; near the source of the river Greet, 3 miles WN W of Southwell r. station. Post town, Southwell. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £3, 099. Pop., 390. Houses, 88. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £51. Patrons, the Chapter of Southwell. The chancel of the church was rebuilt, and the rest of the edifice repaired in 1844. A school has £15 from endowment; and other charities £14.

Edingley through time

Edingley is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edingley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edingley, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7370

Date accessed: 09th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edingley ".