Place:


East Drayton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Drayton like this:

DRAYTON (East), a parish in East Retford district, Notts; on an affluent of the river Trent, 3¼ miles NE of Tuxford r. station, and 7 SE of East Retford. Post town, Dunham-on-Trent, under Newark. Acres, 1, 543. Real property, 2, 564. Pop., 263. Houses, 58. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with Stokeham, in the diocese of Lincoln; and, till 1867, was united also with Askham. Value, £165.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. The church is ancient, in tolerable condition; and has a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

East Drayton through time

East Drayton is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Drayton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Drayton, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7365

Date accessed: 19th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Drayton ".