Place:


Darlton  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Darlton like this:

DARLTON, a parish in East Retford district, Notts; on an affluent of the river Trent, 2 miles NE of Tuxford r. station, and 7½ SE of East Retford. Post town, Tuxford, under Newark. Acres, 1, 507. Real property, £2, 671. Pop., 163. Houses, 39. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Dunham, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Darlton through time

Darlton is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Darlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Darlton, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7363

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Darlton ".