Place:


Great Raveley  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Raveley like this:

RAVELEY (Great), a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon; 3½ miles S W of Ramsey r. station, and 6½ N N E of Huntingdon. Post-town, Old Hurst, under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,040. Real property, £2, 436. Pop., 318. Houses, 64. The property is divided chiefly among four. The manor belongs to Sir H. Peyton, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Upwood, in the diocese of Ely. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Great Raveley through time

Great Raveley is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Raveley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Raveley in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7358

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Raveley ".