Place:


Cottam  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cottam like this:

COTTAM, a chapelry in South Leverton parish, Notts; on the Retford and Lincoln railway, near the river Trent, 7½ miles E by S of East Retford. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is South Leverton, under Retford. Acres, 900. Real property, £814. Pop., 86. Houses, 19. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of South Leverton, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is small and plain.

Cottam through time

Cottam is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cottam itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cottam, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7355

Date accessed: 29th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cottam ".