Place:


Bulcote  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bulcote like this:

BULCOTE, a chapelry in Burton-Joyce parish, Notts; on the river Trent and the Midland railway, 1 mile NE of Burton-Joyce r. station, and 4½ NW of Bingham. Post Town, Burton-Joyce, under Nottingham. Acres, 970. Real property, £1,139. Pop., 136. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Burton-Joyce, in the diocese of Lincoln.

Bulcote through time

Bulcote is now part of Newark and Sherwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newark and Sherwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bulcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bulcote, in Newark and Sherwood and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7309

Date accessed: 07th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bulcote ".